This is the APPLE Biter Blog, commentary and news on local religion and secular government.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Religions (right now)

I am not a jealous or exclusive student of religion.  Though none can ever get everything right, some have more to teach than others.  I reject all religions that require exclusive faith to their deity and/or dogma.  This includes the big 3 - Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

This list does not include my #1 expression of spirit - MUSIC.  Sting said it well:  " . . . if ever I'm asked if I'm religious I always reply, 'Yes, I'm a devout musician.' Music puts me in touch with something beyond the intellect, something otherworldly, something sacred."
—-Sting delivering a Berklee College of Music commencement address in Boston, May 15, 1994

Nor does this list include ATHEISM since it is more like the absence of religion.

Here are my top 10 favorite "religions":

Unitarian Universalism
Pagan/Nature
Agnosticism
Pantheism
Humanism
Pastafarianism
New Thought / Unity
Buddhism
Satanism (Rational and Modern versions)
Scientology

* honorable mention to Hindu and Krishna traditions and to Sufi Whirlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment