This is the APPLE Biter Blog, commentary and news on local religion and secular government.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

VIDEO: Escambia BOCC PF Comments, Grover Responds!

http://youtu.be/EdtNPzbUCGw- my comments asking for a written policy

http://youtu.be/DH-JOhkoH8c - Grover Robinson responds, doesn't get facts straight, but promises to send a copy of the policy (!!!).  Read the comments on the video for clarification.

I don't believe the BOCC's attorney will let them issue a written policy confirming the way they do things now.  If she does, they make clear exactly how illegal and discriminatory their policy is.  Instead, they need to change the policy to a legally-defensible one OR drop it in favor of a moment of silence that lets everyone pray their own way.  Better yet, they could just get to the business of government (which is not to lead prayers at meetings).

I'll keep up the pressure until this happens.  I have months and months of minority invocations (Satanist, Scientologist, Muslim, atheist, Pagan, Astrologist, Mormon, etc, etc) to share at the public forum.  I don't want to go there, but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment