This is the APPLE Biter Blog, commentary and news on local religion and secular government.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

more Facebook Freak-Out - other people's posts

THESE ARE INCOMPLETE, because they continue.  The first was written by one of the admins of the East Hill Neighborhood Association's FB page.

Janet Brooks Sallis
10 hrs
Neighbors, even though it is well within David Suhor's rights to inquire about and protest the cross placed at Bayview Park, he has been met with name-calling and derision. I expect better from my neighbors. I see people who are passionate, well-educated citizens resorting to low tactics. This is not who we really are. Social media can be a terrible place for a sensitive discussion, but only if we let it become that. Please project the best and most respectful version of yourself into the discussions here.
Unlike · Comment ·
Share
You and 76 others like this.

Matt Deavenport Mob Mentality took effect and ruined that thread. Unfortunate how people behave behind the curtains of the internet messageboard.
10 hrs · Like · 11

Veronica Koernig Well said!
10 hrs · Like · 1

Jennifer Young-Ghiorso Many of the comments supporting the cross weren't very "Christian-like"...interesting.
10 hrs · Like · 7

April Braecklein My opinion is this , I feel we have bigger issues than a cross that I love seeing at Bayview for years !!! Like the people who go 50 on our roads , people taking things they didn't work for , etc ... It bothers me that so many people want to stir thin...See More
10 hrs · Like · 4

Janet Brooks Sallis In regards to the issue Mr. Suhor raised, I really am a proponent of the principle, "What you give attention to is what will persist." Just imagine if all the people who chose to get stirred up had instead just shrugged and said "Meh." He would have garnered no attention. It does not mean the issue doesn't matter. It simply means you will not reward that behavior with attention.
10 hrs · Like · 10

Janet Brooks Sallis Also, can you tell I'm the mother of a 2 year old child?
10 hrs · Like · 3

John Carter You are assuming that the majority that supports the cross are Christians. What does "Christian-like" mean? Are you name calling?
9 hrs · Like · 3

Lisa Sheridan Common My jaw was on the floor reading through that thread. This is a closed group right? I hope so, because I would hate if other neighborhoods read that thread and thought we all acted like that. I don't usually join in a lot of the discussions, but I have to on this one. Can we hide it and start fresh?
9 hrs · Like · 6

Janet Brooks Sallis Lisa Sheridan Common, it is a public group. Which means anyone on Facebook can see the post and its comments.
9 hrs · Like

Lisa Sheridan Common Thanks Janet.
That is unfortunate. If I were considering moving here and wanted to see what the neighborhood was like, I would think twice...especially if I thought differently than the majority. I am embarrassed by it. frown emoticon
9 hrs · Like · 8

Ashli Baucum Agree. There's no reason to get heated.
9 hrs · Like · 1

Janet Brooks Sallis Ashli Baucum, I liked your approach of getting quickly to facts and process rather than becoming mired in speculation and ad hominem attacks. Thank you for doing that.
9 hrs · Like

Ashli Baucum Absolutely. Actions speak louder than words.
9 hrs · Like · 2

Kelly Comerford Janet Brooks Sallis, thank you for this post. I have lived in this neighborhood all my life and I love it. I'm very embarrassed by the comments I've seen in the other posts. If I was new to the area and looking at this group, I am sad to say, I would not want to have these neighbors.
8 hrs · Unlike · 6

Gene Miller I think we are becoming a society that kowtows to the wishes and whims of the minority and the majority is getting fed up.
7 hrs · Like · 5

Alicia Dehart O'Sullivan Janet - I saw the post you are referring to much earlier today, I just went to check the comments after seeing your post. Almost 300 comments. I don't have time to read through all that nonsense - but this does convince me that this board has become too toxic and ridiculous to be associated with. It's been a long time coming, so long East Hill Neighborhood Association, it's been interesting.
7 hrs · Like · 8

Janet Brooks Sallis Gene Miller, that is not really not a helpful comment to the discussion. Why interject with that when you could choose to offer a comment that is more fitting.
7 hrs · Like · 4

Can Imagine I know east hill is an eclectic neighborhood with a varying degree of progressive to conservative (heavily weighted towards conservative it appears), but I love our "hippie chic" where it's allowed to flourish, including those of us who take on the deu...See More
6 hrs · Like · 6

Marlene Parker Part of the magic in East Hill evaporated after reading some of the posts, especially the two implying violence. Very discouraging.
5 hrs · Like · 6

Gene Miller It's a statement Janet addressing my belief in why so many neighbors find his actions and post objectionable.

He is a long time trouble maker and narcissistic publicity seeker that has caused problems at school board and county meetings concerning prayer. See my posts to the East Hill group reference his past actions.
5 hrs · Like · 1

Gene Miller http://wildhunt.org/.../pagan-invocation-makes-waves-in...

Pagan Invocation Makes Waves in the Florida Panhandle | The Wild Hunt
Pagan David Suhor has been making waves in Florida's...
WILDHUNT.ORG
5 hrs · Like · 2

Andrew Roemer I'm just looking forward to what will be the hot topic tomorrow in this forum.
5 hrs · Like · 2

Gene Miller http://m.inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=20872

David Suhor and The Latest Battle Over Prayer | Inweekly
The battle over the separation of church and state is,...
INWEEKLY.NET
5 hrs · Like · 1

Janet Brooks Sallis Gene Miller, thank you for replying and explaining. I've read what you posted. I was familiar with Mr. Suhor before this discussion but am thankful for the refreshers you posted.
I will withhold my assessment of his character, because I don't personal...See More
5 hrs · Like · 6

Gene Miller http://jeffbergoshblog.blogspot.com/.../insight-into-one...

Jeff Bergosh Blog: Insight into One Person's Motivation for Demanding he...
JEFFBERGOSHBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY JEFF BERGOSH
5 hrs · Like · 1

Janet Brooks Sallis Andrew Roemer, it'll be about the observation wheel going on the Jacqueline Harris school property.
5 hrs · Like · 1

David Suhor Though Gene's intentions were not benevolent, I must thank him for making my work part of the East Hill forum. Activism requires awareness and he is expanding my reach! If you want it straight from the horse's mouth, my blog is anapplebiter.blogspot.com. Check it out, folks! I'll soon be updating it with the posts from this forum - name calling and insults included.

an APPLE Biter's Blog - on the intersection of religion and a free society. Take a bite!
David Suhor an APPLE Biter Agnostic Pagan Pantheist...
ANAPPLEBITER.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY APPLE BITER
4 hrs · Like · Remove Preview

Janet Brooks Sallis I also hope you include screenshots of this current discussion.
4 hrs · Like · 1

David Suhor I'll try, but that's a LOT of discussion. I may just do a transcript.
3 hrs · Edited · Like

Ashli Baucum
Ashli Baucum's photo.
3 hrs · Like · 1

Janet Brooks Sallis Screenshots might be easier. You may also need to seek permission to use the comments. I wouldn't want anyone accusing you of misrepresentation.
If your activism cannot be founded on transparency, you are as bad as the people you seek to provoke.
3 hrs · Like · 7




A SECOND POST:


Gene Miller
6 hrs

David Suhor and The Latest Battle Over Prayer | Inweekly
The battle over the separation of church and state is, once again, being waged in a local school district. To quote Yogi Berra, “Déjà vu, all over again.” The new phase began when local jazz musician David Suhor...
M.INWEEKLY.NET
Unlike · Comment ·
Share
You and 2 others like this.

Meghan Routt Unbelievable.
6 hrs · Like

Lori Starks Moss http://jeffbergoshblog.blogspot.com/.../insight-into-one...

Jeff Bergosh Blog: Insight into One Person's Motivation for Demanding he...
JEFFBERGOSHBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY JEFF BERGOSH
6 hrs · Unlike · 2

David Suhor So EHNA's facebook is now a platform to discuss people who live in East Hill? I have posted all this in the 'net, so I'm not ashamed. But why does it deserve attention on EHNA's page?
4 hrs · Like

Janet Brooks Sallis David Suhor, these are all public posts pertaining to the same type of issue you raised, yourself, in the group. The EHNA is not responsible for the posts of the members of the group.
Publicly discussing your public (documented) activism is inevitable.
4 hrs · Like

David Suhor Alright., In fact, thank you for making my work part of the East Hill forum. Activism requires awareness and you are expanding my reach! My blog is anapplebiter.blogspot.com. Check it out, folks!

an APPLE Biter's Blog - on the intersection of religion and a free society. Take a bite!
David Suhor an APPLE Biter Agnostic Pagan Pantheist...
ANAPPLEBITER.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY APPLE BITER
4 hrs · Like · Remove Preview

McCall Richardson Tool!
3 hrs · Unlike · 2

No comments:

Post a Comment